Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Trip To Nevada

Many thanks to cousin Shane Robison and his bride Taryn for giving us a wonderful reason to go to Nevada and see and visit with family - something that's been too long in coming.  Unfortunately, Kyle wasn't able to go with us, so it was a little bittersweet.
 
We got to stay with "Grandpa Great" and Colby LOVED being here.  He got to explore Grandpa's shop and find cool things to do.
Grandpa took him for a ride on the quad...
Grandpa is a treasure seeker / junk collector.  Mostly treasure...
Maci found a fun rocking horse with Nana,
and a jet plane with Papa. 
 Colby found a fun tractor,
 and a horseshoe game :)
 Then they both found Tami - my Grandpa's pet goat.
 Saturday took us to St. George, UT.
What a beautiful (although very hot) day.
"The TEMPLE!"
Colby was very excited to be here.
 The kids were in awe at the Christus statue.  We sat and listened to the message here about 5 times while waiting for the newlyweds.  The missionaries there instructed the kiddos to count the number of times the message said the word "love."  5 times :)
 The happy couple!
We celebrated that night at a beautiful reception back in Logandale, NV at Taryn's parents' house.
It is so nice to see and visit with my cousins, aunts and uncles.  I wish we lived closer.  I do not, however, wish we lived in Nevada.  My parents see the desert as their home.  I am fond of it because of so many memories there, but I'm not so sure I could call the desert my home.
Jamie and Kelli have always been more like sisters than cousins.  We had to take our rare "sister" picture (plus Maci, who would not be put down).

Such a nice trip!

1 comment:

lilybit said...

so very cool that you are so close.