Monday, October 29, 2012

Sweetness

No pictures for this post - sorry to disappoint.  But I had to record this sweet moment in time.

I took Maci in for her 18 month check up today.  Healthy and thriving.  I decided since Colby was already there with me I may as well have him get his flu shot, too.

Me: "Colby, you're going to get a pinch today just like Maci, ok?"
Colby (looking a bit worried): "I don't want to get a pinch."
Me: "It will be ok, you'll get a band-aid and a sticker.  Do you want to go first or last?"
Colby (much braver knowing he would get a sticker): "First!"
He climbed up on the table and was ready and waiting for the nurse before she even came in the room.
He got his shot and cried for probably a minute max.  But even through the tears, he immediately sat up, helped me pull his pants up and went to action.
Colby: "OK, now I need to hold Maci's hand and make her feel better while she gets her pinch."

Sweet boy melted my heart.