Friday, January 20, 2012

Maci vs. the Aggregate

I will start off by saying that I love my aggregate floor. It is super easy to take care of and looks nice even when there are crumbs on it.

Now, I love my children a lot more than my aggregate floor. They are sometimes difficult to take care of, but also look adorable even with crumbs on them.

Both are here to stay, so I live with the battle and try to help my kids stay owie free in the process. But the fact is that I'm not perfect and the floor is not forgiving of my imperfections.

You may remember Colby's run-in with the aggregate when he was about 18 months old...

Now it's Maci's turn. Poor baby was having a jolly good time in her walker, when BAM! She went over the step that she is sitting next to in this picture...


Scared me to death! The walker flipped over and she slid out, scraping her face against the aggregate. I am sooo thankful that the BAM was absorbed by the walker and not her head. That would have been a trip to the ER, I'm sure. The whole right side of her face was scraped, and ended up scabbing over her forehead and eyelid.

I always scoot the barstools in front of the step when I put her in the walker to prevent exactly this type of incident. The one day I don't - she sees the opening and takes it! Bad mommy! I felt like a dirt clod to put down my defenses and let the aggregate win that day.

I'm sure there will be more battles in this war...

No comments: