Friday, January 20, 2012

Birds!

Our playday this week was for the birds...
We read "Are You My Mother?"
Then we made our own mother birds using clothes pins. The kids colored them with markers to look something like this...
Then they had to go find worms for their baby birds to eat. The worms (pipe cleaners) were hiding in the dirt (brown paper).

"Look, I got 2 worms!"

This activity helped with fine motor skills...

And sharing, too. "Let Cami get worms and you get worms, there's plenty for everyone."

After they had enough of this, we went outside and checked on the progress of our baby chicks. They are getting bigger quickly. We also fed the chickens and went on a bird nest hunt in the backyard. We have tons of nests up in our trees.

I love our play dates because the kids get interaction and I get some adult conversation! Win-Win!

No comments: