Friday, January 20, 2012

Christmas is Here!

Christmas Day actually came on Christmas Eve for us this year because I had to work on Christmas. The kids had no clue so it didn't matter to them at all!
Colby woke up ready to go!

"Santa ate all of his cookies all gone, Mommy! But he left some crumbs, can I eat the crumbs?"

It didn't take long for him to check out his Santa gifts. A RC tractor and books, just like he asked for. I got a really cute video of the discovery, but it's not letting me upload it :( "It's just what I wished for!"
Here are the kiddos exploring the loot...


Maci, as expected, was way more into the ribbons and wrapping paper than the actual presents. But that was pretty cute to watch, too. Colby just opened her gifts for her.

He got a backpack to hold his tractors that unzips to become a little road - that was a hit!

Maci's gifts - and she has a tag and ribbon in her hand :)

Taste-testing...

Colby also got a pretty awesome Brik-a-Blok set. Daddy helped him build a fort in the living room with it...

Then it was time to try out the tractor. Again, I got video this time, but can't upload it.

After the morning chaos, we got cleaned up and ready to go to lunch at Grandma and Papa Medeiros'. Pretty spiffy kiddos, I think!

Then more chaos ensued...

Maci met a new friend...

And I LOVE this picture!

We ate yummy prime rib with all of the fixings until we were stuffed to the brim! It was so nice of the family to switch their whole day just because I had to work. That way I didn't miss out on the food, fun or family!

When we headed home in a food coma, we checked our egg incubator and found some Christmas chicks had hatched while we were gone!!

A great Christmas present!

After a much needed nap, it was off to Nana and Papa Robison's. Kyle got stuck at the dairy with a broken water line so he didn't get to come :( And it was just us with Nana, Papa and Auntie Camille since the rest of the family would be coming on real Christmas. So not so much chaos here. The kids opened each present and played with it for a while before the next present came - which was nice.


Maci just has to taste-test every new thing!


The ball popper was definitely a hit! Again, cute video that you can't see!

I was bummed to have to miss the whole family on my side, as usual it seems lately. Our schedules just don't sync very well.

I had a nice, easy day at work on Christmas - the babies need Christmas joy, too!

Hope everyone else had a blessed Christmas. Now to welcome in 2012!

No comments: