Sunday, March 8, 2015

February 24, 2015

D-Day has arrived!!!
We didn't have to be at the hospital until 10:30 so we were able to get the kids ready, cows fed, and all of the other things done at home before heading in.
We had a nurse and 2 orientees all to ourselves so they got us ready quick.  OR was running right on time.  Pretty good start to our day!  Other than Kyle was more than a little nervous.  Inevitable for him.
 They walked me into the OR, leaving Kyle to wait a bit in the room.  To tell you the absolute truth, I wasn't scared or nervous at all.  I knew exactly what to expect, I knew what they were going to do to me - been there done that.  The anesthesiologist gave me my spinal and the doctor got right to work.  Before they escorted Kyle in, the nurse was nice enough to put up an extra tall drape (the standard one is just not tall enough) so that Kyle couldn't see a thing.  He came in, I focused on talking to him and within 5 minutes we heard our sweet Hannah's first cry.  It made us cry, too.  I remember my doctor saying, "She has too much hair for a white baby!"  
Hannah Elisabeth Medeiros
February 24, 2015
13:01
8lb. 9oz. 21 in.
 They held her up and I was surprised at how big she was.  Covered in cheese and I was completely in love.  Kyle went with her to the nursery while they finished up my surgery.  I was so happy and relieved that she was healthy and everything went so smoothly.


 About 30 minutes later I was in recovery, then it took about another 30 minutes and they finally brought her to me.  They put her on my chest and she instantly started nursing - hungry baby!
 We stayed in recovery for about 2 hours, then headed up to our home away from home for the next 2 days.  It wasn't too long after we got to our room that we had a few visitors...
 They were so happy to meet their new sister.
 But they were very nervous that Mommy was in the hospital bed and couldn't walk or get up.  All of the IV and monitors scared Maci.  We had to coax her a bit before she would come sit by me to take our first family picture.  Ah!  We now have 3 KIDS!!!
 Mommy and her girls.  Colby brought Mommy a special gift - a necklace he "made" at Nana's.  What a thoughtful little guy.
 Welcome to the world, little one.  We are so pleased to meet you.

1 comment:

lilybit said...

Beautiful family- just hearing about her birth made me cry too. She looks a perfect addition to your family- like she has always belonged ;)