Invite designed by yours truly :)
The evening started off with a giant water slide. Colby thought it was AWESOME!
Yep, that's still him sliding down. We had to do a wardrobe change because the red trunks he borrowed from cousin Asher were a bit too big!
Playing with Ian and Mark on the trampoline.
After playing and eating, it was time for the rodeo to begin!
Avery was the rodeo queen and did the honors for the opening ceremony.
I wasn't sure if Colby would do the muttin bustin or not. He was all for it when I was telling him about it beforehand, but I think he was imagining that you just rode the sheep like you ride a horse. Nice and easy.
I had him watch some of the other kids from the sidelines before making his final decision.
He was amazed! He kept tugging at me and saying he needed to go get in line!
So we did. But before it was his turn, we had to take an intermission to give the sheep a rest.
Popsicle time!
And time to hang out with Molly.
Just after intermission, Colby was right at the front of the line ready to ride!
Since Daddy was milking and couldn't be there, I had to be his rodeo coach. Hang on, tight, buddy. Squeeze me as hard as you are going to squeeze the lamb... No, you can't be a Nancy, squeeze TIGHTER! Ok, I guess you're ready. Go get 'em!
And he did! He held on so tight!
Cara got a cute video and posted it on facebook, then lost her memory card. I can't figure out how to get it off of facebook to load to the blog, or even save to my computer. Anyone know how to do that??
Colby was the youngest rider, but held on until the lamb stopped all the way across the arena. About 29 seconds!!! So proud of my little cowboy.
If you are friends with Cara or me on facebook, you can view the video here.
If you are friends with Cara or me on facebook, you can view the video here.
Here's all of the Mutton Busters! Those sheep got a work out!
The evening went much later than we were able to stay, but it was so much fun! Can't wait until next year :)

1 comment:
so fun and the invite definitely set the mood! go colby go!
Post a Comment