Colby has been asking for probably about a year now when it will be his turn to go to school. This kid loves to learn and play with other kids - naturally he wanted to go to school. Even though he has 2 more years before he can go to kindergarten (because his birthday is late), we decided it was about time this smart, excited little boy went to pre-school!
Nana got him a fancy little backpack and we found a lunchbox to match. We've got all the supplies, now are Mommy and Daddy ready?? I don't know...
An apple for his teacher ;)
We made a sign to take pictures with. Colby still wants to be a farmer just like Daddy!
In the morning, his crowning achievement was that he could button his shorts all by himself. "Mommy, I'm really ready for pre-school because I can button my shorts all by myself!"
Backpack fits, check.
O dear, he's getting so big!
Outside the adorable little preschool. He was so excited to go in!
One comfort is that cousin Alivia is in the next room. "I can just go see Livy if I get sad."
He was so excited to see his teacher, Miss Kellie. He is in the yellow room. We hung out with him for a few minutes, but he quickly found the trucks and a buddy to play with and was more than willing to say good-bye to Mommy, Daddy & Maci.
When we got in the car, Maci kept pointing at Colby's empty carseat and saying, "Bubba? Bubba ere ah yoo?" It was cute and sad all at the same time.
We went home, Kyle held back his tears and I got some cleaning done until it was time to pick him up.
"Mommy, school was so fun today! I get to come back to school on Tuesday!!"
Maci was happy to have Colby back in his seat where he belongs.
A synopsis of his first day:
He doesn't remember any of his friends names.
They played outside and some girls ran back into the wrong gate.
A friend stole the book he was reading but he didn't get mad and make a mean face, he just got another book.
They didn't learn any ABC's today.
He traced his name, but he already knows how to write his name.
He ate all of his lunch all gone and he was the first one to finish and they gave him milk to drink so they must have a refrigerator somewhere in preschool.
5 more days and he gets to go back to school.
1 comment:
so cool.
Post a Comment