Sunday, October 26, 2014

Preschool - X Marks the Spot!

 Oct. 15, 2014

 Oh how I wish I had a real camera - and Elisabeth's creativity and skill.
Today's letter was X, and there's only so many things that start with that letter, so we did a pirate theme to make it exciting for the girls.  I was trying to somewhat replicate the fun pirate play day we had with the Freeman's last year.  The girls loved it even though it didn't quite meet my vision.
They followed a pirate map to 5 different locations.  First, to get their pirate gear!
Then we read a pirate book, did a pirate scavenger hunt, ate a pirate treat and found the pirate gold!
 The gold was actually a gold coin alphabet game to match lower and upper case letters.
They thought it was the greatest thing!
We also made skeletons (X-rays) with q-tips on black paper.
Another letter and another day in the books.

No comments: