Sep. 8-9, 2014
Disneyland, here we come!
Don't know if I have mentioned it on here yet, but we got a new car a few months ago... One major bonus - it has hook ups in it for Colby's Super Nintendo AND the ability to let him hear and watch it while we listen to the radio up front undisturbed by the Super Mario theme song. It's a beautiful thing.
Maci is content to just color away.
Ah, we made it. We decided on one park per day, which saved a lot of money. California Adventure was up first.
You're going to get a lot of selfies in this post. And they won't be all that pretty. It was HOT and HUMID and I am feeling very pregnant (although only about 15.5 weeks along).
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!!! Colby was super excited about this encounter!
And our first time ever on the Toy Story Midway Madness ride. It usually has a humongous line so we've never ventured on it before.
It was SO fun! One of our favorite rides of the trip for sure.
My belly should not be this big already...
Also the kids "first" time watching the bug movie. The last time we tried it, Colby was 2 and freaked within the first minute so we left. Maci did ok, but was a little nervous. Colby liked it!
Hey, there Mater!
AND Lightning McQueen! Bonus!
Last time at Disneyland (only a year ago), Colby was in love with the Mickey Ferris Wheel. This time, not so much...
I really wish I would have kept on filming - the next second he screamed out, "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!" It was sad and really hilarious all at the same time. I couldn't stop laughing!
Our favorite ride of the day was one I didn't get a picture of - the Radiator Springs Racers. They were so fun! We snuck Maci on even though she was about an inch too short. It's a faster roller coaster-type ride with hills and drops. Every time the car dropped she got this look on her face like she was going to lose her cookies. That was also a hilarious moment. She didn't think it was so funny. Am I a bad mother that I think my child's discomfort is so hilarious? Probably. But the look on her face...
Day 2 - Disneyland.
We got there early and saw lots of characters. First up - Pluto! And my camera did this.
Ahhh!!! Of all times for my camera to break. This was the time. Major bummer. The rest of the day (and coming month and a half) I had to depend on my phone camera. BooHoo. I think Kyle was secretly glad my camera broke. He said he was glad I could start enjoying my vacation and stop being the paparazzi all the time.
Hi Mickey!
Maci (and Mommy) was quite proud of her hair-do today. "Take a picture and send it to Nana!" Ok silly girl.
Teacups! I did not even try them. They make me SICK.
And that's all for pictures. See, lame. We did get a good one of Colby and Kyle on Splash Mountain - so cute that I splurged on buying the darn thing! He loves this ride! Doesn't he look so tiny?
To be perfectly honest, the second day was a little rough. It was still hot and humid and the kids were pretty whiny all day. Not sure why - we were at the happiest place on earth! Wish we would've done Disneyland the first day when we had more time. We had to leave around 3 to get back home. Still, Disneyland is always a special treat and we hope to go back many more times! Probably not until the new little one is a little older, though. It will be a lot more difficult with 3!


No comments:
Post a Comment