Sunday, October 26, 2014

Baby #3 Update

Oct. 14, 2014
I've got a little bit of Mommy guilt for not tracking this pregnancy better.  It's so true what they say about the poor third child.  My first pregnancy was so exciting and I documented everything in a pregnancy book.  Then after he was born I filled out every page of his baby book.  The next pregnancy was still exciting because this time it was a girl instead of a boy so I still documented everything about the pregnancy and got to prepare a new nursery and buy girly things.  This pregnancy has nothing documented except what you have found on this blog.  But hey, I was the fourth.  My baby book consists of my growth chart and hospital bands and a lot of blank pages.  Don't worry, Mom - I don't feel neglected at all.
At about 13 weeks I stopped feeling sick - hallelujah!  I had to start wearing maternity clothes around that time too.  My body knows what to do and I have no stomach muscles left to hold it in, so the belly was right there from very early on.
I started feeling movements at about 17-18 weeks.  Just little flutters at first, but by 20 weeks baby was kicking full force and I could even feel them from the outside.
20 weeks rolled around and we got to go in for our anatomy ultrasound!  We decided to take the kiddos with us so they could be there to find out if it was a brother or a sister.  I honestly had no inkling of an idea.  Both sides of the family need a boy to help balance all the girls, so maybe I was kind of hoping for that?  I don't know.  I would have been surprised either way though.  Colby obviously wanted a little brother and Maci wanted a sister.  Maci came up with "Spider" for a boy and "Candy" for a boy.  Kyle was going with "Hector" or "Helga."  Um, no.
So back to the ultrasound... the kids were super excited to see the baby.  Bummer we got an ultrasound tech who wouldn't let them in for most of it.  Which meant that Kyle wasn't there for most of it either :(  The whole thing lasted about 30-40 minutes and they were allowed in for about the last 5-10, when we looked at gender.  I wasn't super impressed with the tech if you can tell.  We didn't get the greatest pictures, but we don't love our little peanut any less, so I guess it doesn't really matter.
I tried to label the pictures a little so you can tell what they are.

Legs crossed - just relaxing :)
 Oh, still wondering what it is?  Well, here you go!
 We are welcoming another baby GIRL to the family!
Colby wasn't upset, but pretty much lost interest after that announcement.  He said as long as he still gets bunk beds in his room he will be happy.  Ha!
Still four months to go before we get to meet her.  Now to think of a name... also hard with the third child.  We had a boy and a girl name picked out before we even started having kids and those have both been used.  We had no other back-ups in mind, so the hunt is on!
We get to go in for a 4D ultrasound in December - so more pictures coming then...

No comments: