Sunday, October 26, 2014

Conference Weekend

Oct. 5-6, 2014
I really enjoy conference weekend.  I don't get fancy and make big conference packets and games for the kiddos, but I do try to make it relaxing, enjoyable and focus on family and well, conference.
We watched the sessions and the kids mostly colored and played quietly. 
 
And since it's October and the fall weather STILL has not arrived, I decided to cook a Thanksgiving meal in hopes that it would get here sooner.  Turkey, mashed potatoes, the whole deal.  I even made a pumpkin cheesecake pie from scratch.  Sweet heaven.
The trick didn't work, but it tasted good.
So there were a lot of things from conference that stuck out to me, but my favorite session by far was the Saturday afternoon session.  I felt like the whole session was teaching and helping me to be a better mom and teacher to my kids.  So one of the things I decided to do was read the scriptures with my kids every day.  We've already been reading the illustrated scriptures, and the kids like those, but I decided Colby was old enough now to read the actual scriptures.  So far we have been able to do that every night (except on days I work) and it's been really nice.  I think both of my kids are learning from them and learning to understand the wording.  Hopefully we will be able to continue and as they grow they will develop a love for reading the scriptures.

No comments: