Now that Colby's in school every morning, it's high time that I spent some one on one time doing school stuff with Maci. What better place to start than with the letter A!
We also talked about circles, so this dot sticker activity really worked well.
She's pretty good at these word puzzles. She has no idea what any of the letters are (except now the letter a), but her puzzle solving skills are improving ;)
When Colby got home, I explained that I was trying to teach Maci about the letter A and blah blah blah.
Colby: "Mom, Maci doesn't know her letters very good because you're her teacher."
Me: "Are you saying I'm a bad teacher?"
Colby: "Well, no. But I think I could do a better job."
So I enlisted his help. He wrote out capital and lower case A's, then cut them out and hid them all around the house for Maci to find.
She was so excited when she woke up from her nap to a house full of A's.
I'm definitely not a homeschooler by any means, and we didn't do a new activity everyday like I would love to do. But, we made an effort to point out circles and A's and discover things that start with A all week to drill them into her brain. We ended the week with an A is for Apple art project.
Apple stamp painting - she loved this.
A few steps later that I didn't get pictures of and ta-da!
Wreaths make very good hats, you know.
She wanted to hang it on her door :)
I really think she is loving having me all to herself. I'm loving it, too. You always feel that Mommy guilt with the second child because you didn't get to focus on them as much as your first. Now I'm getting a little chance at that.
But I would never leave Colby entirely out!
1 comment:
Isn't it fun to have time with number 2? Wish we could benefit from your "homeschooling"
Post a Comment