This year we are sending Colby to a different preschool than last year. And instead of only going 2 days a week he's going 5 days a week. About a week before school started, he was having a meltdown because he didn't want to go to his new school everyday. He has always liked going to school so I didn't know where this was coming from. Sure, I thought he'd be a little anxious going everyday, but this was a major MELTDOWN. After almost an hour of trying to settle him down, he finally said, "But Mom, I don't want to have to stay in the hotel at school every night and never come home every day." He thought going to school every day meant he had to sleep there, too! Poor kid I would be having a meltdown, too! As soon as I explained to him the schedule and that he would not have to spend the night, he brightened right up and asked, "Can I go tomorrow?" Goofy kiddo.
So he was super excited when it was finally time to go.
In case you can't read his tiny little handwriting, the bottom says "When I grow up I want to be a: basketball player."
We found this cute little pencil hanger at Hobby Lobby. He made his teacher a card that said, "I'm excited to 'hang out' with you this year!"
He's getting big...
A pic with his new teacher...
And right into playing. He LOVES this marble set. Might have to get one for our house!
And the school bus, Maci loves that, too.
For the whole first week he woke up excited to go every day. And when I would pick him up he wouldn't want to come home. I'd say he likes LOVES it. I'm really happy with it so far, too. I'm not going to lie, the first day kind of broke my heart and I cried a little when we drove off. And honestly as I'm typing this I'm getting a little emotional. But he has to grow up sometime, right? I just wish he would slow down, just a little.
When I picked him up on Friday he asked if he could spend the night at school.
1 comment:
Funny kids, why are
They in such a hurry to grow up?
Post a Comment