Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Colby's First Story

Colby's been telling a lot of stories and using his imagination lately, so I've been wanting to let him write a story for a while.
I stapled a few pieces of paper together and told him he could write about whatever he wanted.  To be honest, I was expecting a "story" about animals or basketball or super mario.  I helped him spell the words and he drew the pictures.  Here's what he came up with...

 "I love you.  I want to kiss you and hug you and write a story for you."
(He said he was talking about me - awww.)
 "I like saying prayers."
(He prays for our flowers every night, so thus the picture of flowers.)
 "I hope our fishy doesn't die."
(Ya, we've had some bad luck with fishies lately.  This is a picture of "Mickey" in his fishbowl.)
Proud of my little man's first story - even if it wasn't what I expected I think he did a good job!

No comments: