Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Scavenger Hunt & A Tea Party

We went to Colby's friend Cami's house for a playday last week. We stayed outside before it got too hot and did a little nature scavenger hunt.
Look for something fuzzy, brown, round, hard, orange, old, etc.

There were lots of places to look and things to find at the ranch.

Something yellow...

When their buckets were filled we headed inside.



Maci lounged while the kids played.

We glued their findings to the inside of an old shoebox lid - great use for something I would normally just toss out.

Then Colby asked for a drink and a snack - what he got was a full fledged tea party! Cami pulled out her tablecloth and tea set and treated Colby to tea (water) and graham crackers with peanut butter and nutella. Yum!

"Would you like some more tea?" "Yes, thank you." "How are you today?" "I'm fine, how do you do?" It was cute to see them interact. Colby's favorite part was pouring his own tea and drinking it. A great way to get him to drink water.... I may have to get him his own tea set (or something similar but much more masculine, I guess).
Thanks to Cami, Spencer and Elisabeth for having us over. A fun morning!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for coming over!

Camille said...

Ha! I see where the old nursery tables went to!