Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Farm Fresh

So we've been reading in a book that Colby checked out from the library called "Living with Chickens" about, well, living with chickens. One of the tips it gives is to put a fake egg or a golfball or some other small round object into the chicken coop to stimulate the chickens to lay eggs. So we were at the store the other day and just happen to see some fake eggs. Mission accomplished! We put the fake eggs in the coop on Friday. The very next day, Colby went to check his chickens and look what we found!!!

Our very first farm fresh egg! Wow, I really did not expect that tip to work so well. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but still we're excited!
** (The last few posts have shown Colby in what he likes to wear pretty much every day. I really do get my son dressed, but he ends up with no clothes, or halfway dressed, or back in pajamas, etc. It's part of the age I think and while I probably should get him dressed to take pictures that I will be posting on this blog, that would be so un-representative of how he really is, and these are the memories I want to keep!)**


So since that first egg, we have gotten one egg every other day. they are tiny little things, but today we got up to 3 - just enough to make a serving for Colby.

(Isn't Maci pretty cute looking on in the background?)

We added some Velveeta and scrambled them up.

"Daddy, these eggs are so yummy! I'm a really good chicken farmer!"

Yep, he is.

No comments: