Colby asks me quite often, "Mommy, is it time for me to go to preschool yet?" Why is my little man growing up so fast? Gosh, academically I'm sure he's ready for preschool, but he's not even 3 yet and before I know it he's going to be in preschool and off and gone and he won't be mine all mine at home anymore and that makes me sad :( No, I don't want to be the mom that holds her kid back just because I want to baby him either. I am just going to miss having him with me all day. Anyway, the plan is to send him to preschool next year (which will give him 2 years of preschool before he starts kindergarten). We really could wait another year, but he is sooo ready that I would feel bad making him sit at home bored longer than he needs to. In the meantime, we keep busy with "preschool" at home. He loves doing "projects" and doing "homework." That will not last long, I'm sure.
2 comments:
He is super smart! I'm still amazed that he is potty trained, let alone can be trusted with scissors.
I loved seeing signs of his preschooling around the house- He is a very clever boy!
Post a Comment