Friday, September 30, 2011

The Car Blankie

I love this little boy. He decided it was time for a rest, but on the couch. In comes Pillow Pet (no name, that is his name), pony, Friday cat and his very favorite-can't-live-without: car blankie.
I've been meaning to do a post about Colby's blankies. He has 4 flannel blankets that someone made for him when he was born. One has cars, one has moose, one has dogs, the other has zebras. He went through a phase almost a year ago now where he had to have all 4 if he was going to go to sleep. One early morning when I was dropping him off at my mom's on my way to work, he was half asleep as I carried him in (with all the blankies) and handed him off to my mom. It was pitch black in the house, not even a night light on. She put him in her bed and within a few seconds he started freaking out that he was missing his doggie blankie. Specifically the doggie blankie. She reassured him that he had all his blankies and he needed to go to sleep. She convinced him and he did. When she woke up a little while later, she found his doggie blankie on the ground in the kitchen. How did he know which one he was missing in the pitch black when they all are made out of the same material? Who knows? That boy loves his blankies.
Now he's faded to just one blankie that he has to have when he sleeps (the others are nice, too but if he had to choose one, this would be it). His car blankie. I don't know what I'm going to do when he wears holes in it... I don't know how much longer this phase will last. Probably until he wears holes in it.

No comments: