Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's Becoming More Real

Before we found out that we were having a girl, my head was telling me that we needed to have another boy. It would be great for Colby to have a brother to play with, we already had the nursery set up for a boy, I have all the clothes and toys a boy could ask for. Convenience and economy told me that it just had to be a boy. Even then, my heart told me that Heavenly Father was sending us a little girl. Something felt different about this pregnancy. So when we found out that it was indeed a girl, I felt like I already knew. But still, deep down inside, my brain was still a little bit in denial. I didn't rush right out and buy bows or dresses or look for new bedding. I just had to simmer on it for a while I think.
Then Melvin & Kelley went to the rodeo in Las Vegas and brought home this...

The cutest little cowgirl dress - and the ONLY girl thing that we had in our household to date. I saw it and fell in love. Not just because the dress with the little matching tights is adorable, but because it made everything very real. Instantly I fell in love with the little GIRL inside of me. Yes, I can still agree that a boy may have been a little easier, but I am absolutely excited now to meet our little Maci.

2 comments:

Camille said...

I can't wait to meet our Maci too!

Jamie Thomson said...

Little girl clothes are so much more fun to buy. It almost makes up for the attitude that they seem to be born with! Good luck!