First of all - Congrats to my brother and sister-in-law on their new addition, Ty! Born in 2 pushes at 9 lbs 1 oz!
While I am very very happy for them and their adorable new baby, a part of me is very jealous that he came out so easily! They got to the hospital and in less than 45 minutes (no epidural-no time!) she popped him out! Man, I wish I had her child bearing abilities. My labor was long, painful and non-productive! And now I am bound to have more c-sections (VBACs worry me) - and what's the excitement of scheduling the exact day and time that your child will enter the world - with no real work on my part (just the pain)? Don't get me wrong, I realize that having a baby is still an extremely exciting and wonderful experience, even with a c-section, but I wish I could do it the old-fashioned way, that's all!
On a lighter note, I have been able to help my sister out by baby-sitting her 2 year old a few times recently, and I must say, I quite enjoy it! Part of me thinks that having 2 kids is easier than having just one! The older one entertains the baby and vice versa - and I get things done! Although I realize that it all depends on the temperments of the two, but I realize that it's not as difficult as I have been thinking it would be at least.
For those in the Robison family, we're still iffy if we are going to make it to reunion or not. For a week or two, we really thought we could go, but now things aren't going the greatest on the dairy, so it may not be in the cards for us. I REALLY wish that we could go - especially to have Colby meet all of his cousins. Some people don't see what the big deal is, but they just don't understand that the Robison reunion is not something you miss! Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Well, Colby is getting tired of being in his walker so I better go to his rescue...
3 comments:
Sure hope that you can make it to reunion...but if not, you will be missed! As for having a baby the "normal" way, I'm good. I'll take a C-section anyday! You're crazy to want to go through all that pain. You get the same result!
At least you did experience labor once. You didn't actually push the baby out, but you did feel contractions. Some people have to schedule a c-section the first time and never feel any contractions.
I really hope you can make it to the reunion. My fingers are crossed.
On the c-section thing, been there, felt that. I can only say that it does get better, at least it did for me. On the reunion, bummer! I really hope things change for the better in the next few weeks so you get to come.
Post a Comment