Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Progress
So, last night was Colby's 5th night in his crib. We camped out in his room for the first 3 nights, then Kyle got brave and said we could move back to our bedroom (or maybe he just was tired of sleeping on the wood floor!). Colby is doing better than I thought. He still wakes up, but most of the time I can give him a pacifier, pat his back and he's back to sleep. He only has to eat about 1-2 times at night. And I'm trying to get that down to once. I've decided that baby monitors are fuzzy and irritating (at least the one we have) so I leave the doors open and I can hear him just fine without it. I think now that we are settled, Kyle is quite enjoying his sleep! I, however, have become a much lighter sleeper. When Colby was in our room, I still slept pretty heavily. Colby had to whimper kinda loud to get my attention. Now that he is down the hall and in another room, my mommy-sense has kicked in and I hear everything! Someday I will get some rest :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am still waiting for some deep sleep. It gets better when they start sleeping through the night, but I still wake-up to little noises. I often have Dave go check on the kids in the middle of the night because I hear something. Luckily, he puts up with me.
You'll never get out of the light sleeper mode until your done having kids. At least that's what I figure. I wake up at every little sound. So don't count on getting any rest anytime soon!
I'm impressed Cal! and Colby! He is now ready for sleepovers with Auntie!!
Post a Comment