Friday, June 12, 2009

Co-sleeper to Crib

For any of you who may be searching or trying to decide on a cradle/bassinet - I HIGHLY recommend the Arm's Reach co-sleeper:

It attaches right to the side of the bed so the baby is next to you without sleeping in the bed with you. It is especially wonderful for nursing at night and it was nice while recovering from my c-section. The side also goes up so you can wheel it around the house wherever you go when they are newborns and they sleep great in it! Another added bonus, at 20+ lbs and 28+ inches - Colby still fits in it! But, he is now 7 months old and well, we decided that it is probably time that we let him leave the nest and venture into his own room to sleep.

So last night was Colby's first night in his nursery!
As you can see, it was mommy and daddy's first night in the nursery, too! We just couldn't handle not being in the same room. I PROMISE that this will only last a few nights until he is more used to his crib and we are comfortable with him there. It's just so hard to let go! I'm a sissy, but believe it or not, this sleeping arrangement was Kyle's idea - he is a bigger sissy than me!

2 comments:

Camille said...

I'm impressed you have gotten this far, better than Cara already!

Doty6strong said...

I, too, will testify that the co-sleeper is THE BEST! I used it for all the kids. M&E moved into cribs at 3m, Maya at 6m and Lexie stayed in our room until 9m! I think I just liked the convience of them being right next to my bed. LOVE THE CO-SLEEPER.