Friday, June 12, 2009

Birthday Treat

So yesterday I turned the big 24. My first birthday as a mommy. I must say I don't feel any older, thank goodness! I had a nice relaxing day hanging with Colby. We visited my new nephew, Ty and went on a shopping trip to Target. When Kyle got home we ate a light dinner and then went for this:
And that was just my sundae (the parlor claims that is only 2 scoops!). Colby was really eyeballing our ice cream, so we decided to let him try just a tiny little bite:
Needless to say, he liked it! A great birthday treat for all!
After we stuffed our faces with creamy goodness, we headed across the street to the Farmer's Market. We didn't even know it was happening until we arrived. For anyone who is ever in the area, Thursday nights in Hanford are quite nice! There is a large Farmer's Market downtown by the old courthouse. They blocked off a few streets and have nice food stands, fresh fruits and veggies from local farmers, a carousel, bounce house, pony rides, rock-climbing wall - the works! And as an added bonus you can walk over to Superior Dairy to get the best ice cream ever! Yum!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yay! Happy Birthday!! Sounds like it was a great day. I remember Superior Icecream - I loved that place! Hopefully Colby hasn't biten you anymore. I'm pretty nervous about that myself! =)

Sunny said...

That looks like a delicious way to spend your birthday.

Camille said...

Happy Birthday dear sister! I can't believe you guys let Colby eat ice cream! Can we give him soda?