Friday, May 24, 2013

xperiments x2

May 18, 2013
Colby was asking to be a scientist today - your wish is my command!
First we tested things to see if they would dissolve or not.
 Everything we tested dissolved...  we needed to mix things up.
So we picked a new group of things - and none of them dissolved!  Maybe I should have mixed it up a little.  Here's what Colby thought about the whole thing...

Maci's awake - time for a new experiment.
Let's learn a little about clouds and rain by making these fun cloud jars (or cups).
Water in the cup, with shaving cream on top.  The kids were excited to get started!
We used droppers to drop colored water into the clouds.  When the water became too heavy for the clouds to handle, they rained!
 This kept them entertained for a surprisingly long time.
 Peek-a-boo!
Can you believe it???
I'm no scientist, but these kids think I am and I guess that's all that matters.  I'll leave the real lingo learning for when they are a little older.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll have to try these with the kids!