Here's what's going on with our 2 year old....
Wt: 30 lbs. Ht: 33.75"
She got these nurse scrubs from Auntie Christa for her birthday - pretty adorable, right?
She's ready to make the babies feel better! Dolls for now, but who knows? Maybe when she grows up she'll follow in Mommy's footsteps...
CURLY: Maci has maintained her curly locks for now. I love that all I have to do is add a little water in the morning to tone down the frizz and it looks adorable. Everyone comments on her curls everywhere we go. And then there is always the comment, "don't cut it because she'll never have those curls again!" Which always annoys me and makes me sad at the same time. How do they know that she won't be a curly girl always? Then again, they are probably right and I'll really miss her curls. Either way, we're not close to needing a haircut yet so why worry about it.
EATER: No problems in the eating department. She's a little slow to warm up to her vegetables, but will eat them when coerced ;) Our only trouble is keeping her away from foods that make her constipated, as that is an ongoing issue for her.
SNOOZE: So much better! I rock her for a few minutes, lay her down in her crib and she goes to sleep on her own. She sleeps through the night without interruption at least half the time, and other nights may wake up once or twice but goes right back to sleep. We get one nap in the afternoon that lasts about 2-3 hours and she doesn't fight that at all. It's about time this girl learned to get some beauty sleep!
BOSSY: She likes to be a little Mommy to everyone. She actually imitates me a lot. "Colby, stop that right now!" She finds a way to get her way a lot and actually bullies her brother more than he bullies her I think. She'll hit, steal and even bite to get what she wants and throws a crying tantrum when we intervene. She is DRAMATIC!
SWEET: Yep, just after I tell you how bratty she can be, I have to say that she has a very sweet side to her. She likes to give good hugs and kisses and actually likes to help out around the house when it's her idea. She has a sweet smile and loves to love on her baby dolls, stuffed animals, our dog Presley and of course all of us.
STORYTELLER: Her vocabulary is improving and she puts sentences together pretty well, although she can still be hard to understand if you're not around her all the time. She'll tell a story that's 5 minutes long and we just nod and smile. She has to tell you exactly what happened 10 times to make sure you heard her. We're working on her pronunciation, which Kyle is a little worried about, but I think is perfectly normal for a 2 year old. It's hard not to compare her to Colby, who was pretty advanced in that category. Some of her common phrases, "I wanna nack," "I mell poop," "Bye-bye poopy head," "Aw, how tute," and "Mommy, Bubba hit me." Yep - she's obsessed with "poop" and "poopy head."
POTTY-TRAINING-ISH: She's close to potty-training, but not there yet. I'm not putting any pressure on her whatsoever because I did that with Colby and it stressed both of us out. So sometimes she goes on the potty and we celebrate, but most of the time she doesn't. She tells me when she is going or has gone, but almost always too late to make it to the potty. We'll get there eventually!
SONGBIRD: Maci loves to sing. She makes up her own songs, or sings other songs that she's familiar with. Some of her favorites, Happy Birthday (still), Tornado (Little Big Town) and Crazy Girl (AKA Maci Girl, Eli Young Band). She picks up on songs from commercials or the radio and sings along pretty quick, even though she can't get the words right most of the time.
SOCIAL: She's sometimes slow to warm up, but she does like to play with other kiddos. She loves going to Nursery at church and is sad when we have to leave early sometimes. She always wants to stay at school with Colby and play with his preschool friends. She thinks she's a big kid already. She LOVES her cousins. Especially Asher lately - she calls him "Mable." He's pretty fond of her too I think ;)
We love our Maci Girl to pieces. She is a handful but she sure is fun!
1 comment:
She really has been growing up!
Post a Comment