May 15, 2013
I have been a slacker. Maybe that's not accurate. I certainly have not been lazy. I've been really busy. Let's rephrase that - I have not been prioritizing well? I have been overwhelmed? Whatever you want to call it, I've been neglecting the fun mommy things that I love. Probably since Colby started going to preschool and we started helping out a lot more at the dairy and Maci is running around crazy all the time, and dishes and laundry and well any Mom knows how life can get crazy even when it doesn't "seem" like it should be crazy. Whatever.
I've been feeling a lot of Mommy guilt about that lately. Last week I was sick and so we were in the house all day and I was miserable and Colby said sadly, "Mommy, we never get to do anything fun with you anymore." That was it. Sick or not, these kids deserve some fun Mommy time.
We decided on doing a crayon art activity we found on Pinterest.
Glue crayons to the top of a paper (Pinterest suggests a canvas, which I didn't have on hand, so we went with a thick, almost cardboard like scrap from some packaging that I saved. Work with what you've got, right? Their picture also showed brand new nice crayons, we used our old broken ones).
Colby insisted on following the rainbow pattern. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, repeat.
We took it outside and added some heat with the blowdryer.
The colors slowly started to melt. In ideal world, we should have used crayons that were all the same brand - I found our crayons all had different melting thresholds so the dripping was uneven.
The result was still pretty awesome, I think.
Colby was happy and I felt much better (emotionally, not so much physically).
We are getting back on track and I will be prioritizing a little differently from now on.
2 comments:
I know exactly how you feel. I hate that and I am trying to make sure things change, after we move next week tough. We should get together and play soon!
So sorry you weren't feeling well. Please don't feel too guilty- you are awesome and doing super great!
Post a Comment