Yesterday we did an activity to determine whether things will sink or float.
I made a chart on the sidewalk so Colby can start learning about charting/graphing and so that we could talk about all of our findings afterwards.
We gathered objects from the house and from outside and then Colby got to let them drop!
I had him make a prediction before each item.
"I think this will float at the top. ... It did float!"
He thought the jingle bell would float, but it didn't...
After each item, he placed it on our chart.
Checking things out - very scientific!
"Oh, this big truck will sink to the bottom!"
"It floated!!!"
Our results. We did not find too many things that sank surprisingly.
And our happy little onlooker had fun playing in the grass and trying to eat dirt.
Love her Minnie Mouse bum.
No comments:
Post a Comment