Friday, March 23, 2012

Just Going to The Dentist

Colby had his first trip to the dentist today.  In preparation, we've been reading a book that was mine when I was little:
I have to say it actually helped him a lot.  Colby is my brave boy when it comes to doctors anyway.  He never cries, he's always happy and friendly, and when it's Maci's turn, he tries to help her feel better.  The dentist was no different.
We went to a pediatric dentist, which I think helped a lot.  The office was really kid-friendly.
Getting ready for x-rays...
He was excited to wear the lead apron and get pictures taken of his teeth.  Cool! 
 Then we went into the exam room.  It was a big open room with lots of chairs, but we were the only ones there.  When he laid on the chair, he looked up and got to watch a movie on the ceiling.  He was in heaven at that point!
 Getting a cleaning - "this tickles!"
 The dentist was very relaxed and nice.  Colby just kept on watching the movie while he poked and prodded around in there.
Unfortunately, we had to make a return appointment to get a cavity filled.  A cavity?!?  At 3?!?  We brush every night and morning and he still has a cavity.  Darn!
Fortunately, he's excited to go back so I won't have to fight with him to make the return trip.
Looks like we are going to be good friends with the dentist ;)

No comments: