Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sight Word Fun!

I saw an idea on pinterest a while back to cut out letters from cereal boxes, etc. before you throw them out to keep for kiddos to work on alphabet and spelling.  Great idea!
I got a list of sight words from my mom and decided it was time for Colby to start reading.  I introduced 8 words to start: the, to, a, and, we, is, that, and you.  He used letters from his letter box to spell the words.
When we read books, I have him read his sight words as they come along.
Then he practiced writing them - this was his first attempt!
To be honest, his second and third attempts were much worse - this one was just a really good fluke!

He asks to do sight words ... the boy loves to learn!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I think Colby is ahead of a lot of our Kindergarten kids!

Unknown said...

he's got quite an eager mind! love the saving letters idea