Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Maci Kay 9.5 months

Can't believe how fast time has flown by!  I know I always say that - doesn't every parent?
Maci Kay is 9.5 months old!
She finally started crawling this month - even up off of her belly sometimes!  It makes life a little harder now that she's so mobile, but it's so fun to watch her move.  She also likes to pull herself up onto things, but still has a hard time making it all the way to standing.

She weighs in at 21 lb. 14oz. (can you tell?!?) and is 28.25 in. long.
She is still a breastfed baby and is quite attached to Mommy for that reason.  She is not too excited about baby food, but LOVES feeding herself bits of actual food.  If it's not blended into an undistinguishable goo, she likes it.  Can't blame her, really!

She can say "Mama," "DaDa," "Bubba" and "Papa" pretty well, but not necessarily on command.  She also does lots of other babbling and squeeling and singing ALL the time.  Our little vocal girl!  I've been trying to teach her some sign language to communicate, but she is not catching on to that yet.

She is not even close to sleeping through the night.  In fact, she wakes up almost EVERY HOUR some nights.  Last night she did every 2 hours, which was a relief!  Ugh.  She doesn't nap well either.  Some days she'll nap for 2 hours, some days I'll get 20 minutes.  She's not grumpy or fussy about it, I guess the girl just doesn't require a whole lot of sleep!

She LOVES her brother and he can make her smile like no other.  They still have their quarrels, but I think they like each other a little bit ;)

It's about time to start planning a birthday party already - wow!

1 comment:

lilybit said...

She takes such great pictures!