First of all, my little man is WALKING!!! Not 100% of the time, but I'd say about 50/50. Crawling is still much faster for him so he opts for that when he wants to get somewhere quick. Just in the last 2 days he has really taken off. I'm not ready for this! (I'm still a horrible video-taker, and even if I had it on video, I don't know how to put it onto my blog, so you'll just have to take my word for it).
He's also working on tooth number 8 - which is proving to be the most stubborn and troublesome of any of his teeth so far.
Trying lots of new foods lately. He's only 11 months, but I'm cheating a little and giving him things that they tell you to "wait till he's a year" for. He started on cow's milk last week (just a few ounces a day to get him used to it). So far he's liking it - but still prefers to nurse. The plan is to wean him in the next month or two so he's going to have to get over that. Solids-wise, there isn't much that he won't eat. He's even being a good vegetable eater, which is something he didn't like in real, non-baby food form at first.
Colby's gotten very good at mimicking sounds, too. Which makes his daddy thrilled that he can now teach him all of the silly noises that boys make. Colby thinks he is so cool, too. No official "words" yet. Just the typical "mama," "dada," "nana," "papa," "tata" (tractor) and other various noises.
With all of this growing and developing, he seems to be a little scattered. His sleeping schedule is all disturbed and he's more whiny than my usual happy boy. Even his dirty-diaper schedule is off (he was always so regular before). Some nights he sleeps great, others he's up every 1-2 hours. He fights his nap time and cries over the silliest things. I do my best to keep his schedule semi-normal and make him happy, but sometimes he is still all out of sorts. I'm hoping that this is a short phase that will resolve in a week or two so we can get back into our groove.
Sorry for the lack of pictures, but it's late and I don't feel like getting my camera and uploading at the moment. I'll make up for that later.
2 comments:
He did grow up fast! I still can't get over how big his hands are!
That is great that he is mimicking things you say. I love it when they do that because then you can have him learn all sorts of tricks.
I am sure the irritability also has something to do with him cutting his 8th tooth. Hopefully it will pass soon.
Post a Comment