We are back home after a vacation that went by far too quickly! Colby went on his first out of state trip to our annual Robison family reunion in Fish Lake, UT. For a while there, we didn't think we were going to get to go, but the stars aligned and off we went! This post has a lot of pictures, but I still wish that I had taken more. I always think of the good picture opportunities after the opportunity has passed! Oh well, this child's life is still going to be well documented on Kodak paper!

This was Colby's first plane ride and he did wonderful! He was exhausted (I had to wake him up from his nap way too early so we could go to the airport) but still he was quiet and playful and didn't cry at all. The whole airport process went so much smoother than I had predicted and we made it to our destination on time!
.JPG)
Jack, Grace & Colby. We really missed Asher and Avery this trip. They couldn't come, and Grace talked about them the whole trip! After everything we did, she had to call Asher and Avery on her play phone and tell them all about it. It was very cute! We also missed Clint, Jimmy and Cara who all had work/school and couldn't make it - bummer :-(
.JPG)
Mason, Jack, Colby and Joshua. These boys were all born within about 4 months of each other (oldest to youngest from left to right). They didn't interact a whole lot at this age, but it sure was adorable to put them together! It will be fun for them to play together next year when they're a little older and more mobile.
.JPG)
Julie, Jon and Leesa. One of my favorite parts about reunion is seeing my dad with his siblings. We've always lived so far away from our extended family, so we really don't see each other very often. It's special to me to see that they still share a very close bond, due in part I'm sure to our tradition of gathering together for family reunion.
.JPG)
Jack, Jon and Colby. The boys sharing some quality time with Papa.
.JPG)
Grandma Carol and Colby. "Grandma Great" had a special story time in her cabin for the littlest great-grandchildren. Colby zoned in and really liked it! Afterwards, all of the kids got to pick a teddy bear from my grandma's collection. A very special gift!
.JPG)
Colby and Kyle. Aunt Leesa organized an awesome pirate treasure hunt for the great-grandchildren. They had to go from cabin to cabin for the next clue on the treasure map and their next pirate tool. In all they got a cool pirate hat, eye patch (which Colby wasn't as excited about), a telescope, a sword and of course some yummy treasure! Very fun activity!
.JPG)
Me and Colby. This was Colby's first boat ride. Surprising since we have our own boat at home - but we've been so busy all summer we haven't even taken it out! We're lame-o's I know. Anyway, he wasn't too sure about this uncomfortable life jacket, but he didn't cry and I did get him to smile a few times...
.JPG)
Callie, Colby and Kyle. Thought we may as well get a quick family photo before we left!
After all of the fun and festivities at the Robison Reunion, we headed to Nevada to see my Gma and Gpa Payne on our way to the airport. This was their first time meeting Colby. He had fun playing at their house and keeping out of the hot sun - 114 degrees that day! I don't know how you Nevadans do it! It was like an oven!
.JPG)
Grandma Tonia, Colby and Grandpa Cal. Stopping for a photo op on the couch. Hopefully we get to see all the family again soon. It's pretty hard for Kyle to get enough time off to travel there and back, but we're definitely going to try! I love seeing everyone and keeping up the family relationships that we've built.
Wonderful trip!
4 comments:
Thanks for this post. I enjoyed seeing and hearing about the trip! We hope to come next year! Looks like Colby enjoyed himself!
I'm sure glad you got that picture of the 4 boys. I guess that was the morning we were out fishing. I'm gonna snag a copy of it from your blog. It was great seeing you guys.
Nice pictures! I missed meeting your little guy. I'm really bummed I couldn't be there. It's always a fun trip!
I really enjoyed the picture of me piling on the cheese. Yum! I am glad you were able to make it. It was great to see Colby in person.
Post a Comment