Thursday, January 29, 2009

We Survived

Colby survived the day without mommy. I never really doubted he wouldn't. Grandma makes sure he never has a chance to cry ... grandma's are good spoilers that way :-) Although Kyle did say that Colby wasn't his usually smiley happy self yesterday (I guess he does love his mama afterall!).

Kyle survived packing Colby up, taking him to grandma's, watching him during lunchtime and picking him up after work, bathing, feeding (well, everything) until mommy got home. When I walked in, he looked tired and the house was a little on the messy side, but Colby was ready for his mommy to cuddle and love on him and daddy did a really good job for both of us.

I survived the day at work. I was given a really nice assignment with good babies and good families. It was hard to get back into my groove (I think that will take a while) but I got through the day. I cried on the way to work. And of course as soon as I got there everyone was asking about him and wanting to see pictures, so I cried some more. But after that the rest of the day was pretty good. I stayed so busy that I didn't really have time to sit and mope. I was able to pump 3 times, which is great. I was anxious that I wouldn't have enough time, but I managed. Like Cara says, I should be very grateful that I love my job. If I had to leave Colby to go to a job I hated just cuz we needed the money, I would've been even more sad.

I've learned that I need to remember to count my blessings instead of my challenges. It makes the day a lot more cheerful.

No comments: