Kyle had his first full day with Colby yesterday while I was at work. He did a great job and Colby did great, too. I think it helps that his daddy was watching him at our own house. He was more himself and was on a much better schedule than when we have to send him somewhere else. Kyle had a good day "bonding" with Colby as this was their first day completely alone together for 14+ hours. Kyle said that by the end of the day he definitely had a new appreciation of what it's like to take care of a baby and try to get anything done. Needless to say, he didn't get anything done. But our son was very well taken care of by his daddy and now Kyle understands why some days its hard for me to have all the laundry and dishes done and have dinner on the table at a decent hour. I think that worked out good for all :-)
I have also gained a new appreciation for working moms in the last week. It's hard! I hate leaving my baby, of course. Then on my days off I feel like all I do is pick up the messes made while I was gone and get ready to go to work the next day. It's not fun at all. I wish I could get more quality time with Colby and not have to worry about all of the household stuff. I have a new appreciation for the time that I do have with him and try to make the most of it.
I know I'm venting, but again, I need to remember to count my blessings. I can hold back the tears and frustrations for a few more months until they let me go part time - it will just be harder than I thought.
1 comment:
Hang in there. You'll find you are stronger than you ever thought too:)
Post a Comment