Colby had a rough night last night - coughing, sneezing, runny nose. No fever, though thank goodness. I decided to keep him home from church today so he doesn't get any worse or pick up any more germies.
So since I'm not at church today I figured I might as well use the time to prepare some lessons for my primary class. For two years I had been teaching the 4-5 year old class and I really loved it. That age is so fun to teach and I had mastered the art of holding their attention for the whole 40 minutes of class-time - a feat I was proud of!
With the new year, the primary presidency decided to rearrange some of the teachers and classes. Now I will be teaching the 11-12 year old class and I am terrified! I don't know how to keep an adolescent's attention! Teaching this age group will take a whole different set of skills that I'm not so sure I possess. The topic for the year is Doctrine and Covenants and Church History - which should be fun. Should be. I could really use some advice or suggestions if anyone has any!
No comments:
Post a Comment