Thursday, August 28, 2014

Summer Recap / Back To School Guilt Trip

Rewind to June:

Pre-school has ended and I've got some big plans for our summer!
-Get the house organized
-Do LOTS of activities (art projects, science, creativity) with the kids
-Make and use a chore chart with reward system
-Go to the zoo
-Go to the waterpark
-Family reunion!
-Shaver Lake

1st week - We decided to relax and just enjoy not having to get up and go to school everyday.  I started to make the chore chart (per Colby's request).

2nd week - My dad landed himself in the hospital.  We were all pretty worried and it was 8 days of tests, stress and lots of waiting around for answers - which we never got :(  I went up almost every day to spend time with him and help distract my mom - and hopefully be able to keep the nurses on top of pain meds!
  
3rd week - Re-coop from the week before in the hospital, get the house cleaned up.  Trip to Shaver Lake with the Medeiros side of the family for 4 days - much needed!

4th week - Let's start things off with another visit to the hospital :(  Kyle had to have his appendix out.  Boo!  I do not recommend it.  Weeks of being uncomfortable, poor appetite, pain, swelling, oh and $37,000 in hospital bills for 2 days!!!  Thank goodness for insurance!

5th week - Vacation was welcomed.  A trip to my favorite place on earth (and quite possibly the kids and Kyle's too) - FISH LAKE!  So relaxing and refreshing.

6th week - Re-coop from vacations - get the house cleaned up, work a few extra days to make up for vacation.  Hey, I finally finished the chore chart - complete with adorable little clothespin chores with cute graphics!

7th week - Eek!  It's August already?!?!  Where did summer go???  Oh, hey - I flooded the bathroom.  Grrr.  The adorable chore chart clothespins I kept in the top drawer of the bathroom? - Ruined.  Fail :(

So here we are, the week that school is supposed to start and I have accomplished almost nothing on my great to-do list.  I'm feeling guilty.  My kids did not have a magical summer.  We have no art projects to show for it.  I have no adorable pictures to post of all of our adventures.  Am I lame?  YES.

My kids had a great summer!  Those days I spent at the hospital?  They were with cousins or grandparents being spoiled and having a blast.  Those family trips we took?  Great memories!  Those lazy days at home?  Much needed down time.  I asked Colby if he had a good summer, "Yea, Mom!  It was great!"  Despite my failed plans (which were a little lofty anyway), they survived and I didn't fail.

No comments: