Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Super Colby's Party

I resisted this party theme for a long time.  You may remember that he asked for it last year and I talked him out of it.  When he still was asking for it this year, I just had to give in.  After all is said and done, I actually had a lot of fun with it!  But wait, it's not about ME, is it?  It's about the birthday boy.  So when he walked into the backyard and saw the decorations, mouth dropped and said "Wow, Mom this is great!" I felt good about it.


 I loved the pirahna plants most of all.  I put hot tamales in the pots for the fireballs.  Yum!



 Power up juice!
 Eat up!

 It's game time!  But you can't play until you put on your Mario mustache!
 Even Finnley got a mustache ;)
 The Yoshi Egg Smash game was a lot of fun.  The kids threw Yoshi eggs - real eggs that I cleaned out and colored with green polka dots - no picture :( - at the picture of Yoshi and they exploded with confetti.  If they found a sticker inside, they got a prize. 




 We also had Pin The Mustache on Mario going at the same time.  I was so wrapped up in Yoshi that I didn't get any pics of that.
I made yummy cloud jello...
 and it was enjoyed by all!
This picture cracks me up to no end.
 Highlight of the party - for the boys at least - was the Wii set up in the shop with a projector!
 Colby was in HEAVEN.

 Christa made a super cute cake, as usual!

 Present time!
 Colby got lots of fun gifts - "mans," a shark shower scrubby, clothes, Magic Treehouse books, a pirate playset, Super Mario Knex sets, a science experiment kit, Battroborgs and some money and gift cards.  Great loot!


 Best part of the whole party - Colby's face.  He loved every minute!
Happiest of birthdays to the little man that makes me so happy!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Super fun as always Callie. Your kids are lucky to have parents who make life fun.

lilybit said...

I liked the plants too- sorry Nate ate the hot tamales out of them. ( I also love how spencer loved "playing" with the boys with his controller that wasn't hooked up.