Sunday, May 29, 2011

Start It Off Right

We kicked off Memorial Day Weekend by honoring our fallen veteran's. Colby and Maci put on their flag shirts and we headed to Washington Colony Cemetary.
Each year, a group of volunteers from our church and the community put up flags and grave markers to honor the veteran's. It was sooooo windy and a little cold, so Maci got to hang out in the sling and I volunteered to stay inside and prep the crosses.

It is so amazing how many volunteers come out and the spirit that is there. I know those who are alive and those who have passed appreciate the beauty and patriotism of this simple act.



And as usual we take advantage of every photo op! Maci didn't make it in the picture, but all of the other grandkids are here!


I love traditions like this and hope that it will help instill love and respect for our country and our servicemen in my children. Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Camille said...

It is a great tradition that I hope continues for years to come!