Let me start off by saying that this is not one of my normal posts. No pictures and it's not about any of the fun things we've been doing lately. It's really just for my own remembrance and reflection more than anything else.
Over the last few weeks I've had the opportunity to take care of a very sick little infant at work. She was born with a terminal diagnosis, which understandably was very difficult for the family. I've been able to get to know the parents and talk with them at length as I cared for their baby girl.
Yesterday, I had the honor and privelege to be there and witness as two loving parents held their little girl as she peacefully returned to her Heavenly Father. It was one of the most beautiful and amazing experiences that I have ever had. That beautiful little baby had suffered and fought and endured to touch the lives of her family and so many people around her, including me. And after only 16 days on this earth, she was ready to give up the fight and her parents were ready to let her go. Knowing that the end would be coming soon, I was actually quite anxious and nervous and worried for the family and for myself at how I would be able to handle the situation as their nurse. But when the time came, we all knew that it was the right time. In a matter of moments, she went from struggling to peace and rest. It wasn't scary or agonizing. It was beautiful.
Death is never an easy thing, but Heavenly Father does have a plan for all of us. Heaven is not so far away as it seems sometimes. I think I felt a little piece of it in that hospital room yesterday.
3 comments:
nicely written callie. i'm sure that family really appreciated what you did for them. :)
That was beautiful Callie. What a blessing it is to have the knowledge and understanding of our Heavenly Father's plan.
What a touching experience.
"Where is Heaven?, Is it very far? When your with the ones you love it's right where you are". I"m glad you were able to have that experience and recognize the Spirit.
Post a Comment