All of the randomness that happened this last week ...
Colby rolled over! Yay! He can now roll from his stomach to his back, but not quite from his back to his stomach. Mommy was so proud. He gets a little shy in front of daddy and doesn't want to cooperate, but I got it on video to prove to Kyle that he can actually do it. He got a very funny expression on his face, like "what the heck just happened to me?" It was the cutest thing ever!
I've realized in the last few weeks how many things have changed since becoming a parent. And some things haven't completely changed, but are very different. For example there are two terms that have become very relative. 1)Clean house and 2)A good night's sleep. Before, I only would say my house was clean if all the toilets were scrubbed clean, floors were vacuumed and mopped and every particle of dust was gone. Now, I am lucky to get all the laundry and dishes done and the clutter picked up. That is now equal to a clean house to me. Before, I needed at least 8 hours of un-interrupted sleep to call it good and actually feel rested. Now, if Colby only wakes up twice in an 8 hour period, I am very thankful. Most nights that doesn't even happen, but when it does, it's a good night's sleep.
We went shopping yesterday at the outlets. Shopping these days is no longer about buying stuff for mommy or daddy - it's all about Colby. That child has more clothes than he can wear before he grows out of them, and yet I still find myself buying more. The clothes were so cute, and of course, we got some really good deals. Colby was a perfect little shopper, and I rewarded him with some new items for his wardrobe - as if he really cares.
I am VERY grateful for my wonderful baby-sitters - my mom, my mother-in-law, and my husband. I hear at work about all of these working moms who have to take their children to day care. Which I hear is not a scary place, but I am also so glad that I don't have to send Colby. He is always with family, isn't getting sick from all the day-care kids, gets his diaper changed promptly, gets to eat whenever he's hungry (and sometimes more) and is loved on constantly. I never worry about him while I'm at work because I know he is in good hands. We are blessed and I really appreciate all of the help we get.
I guess that's enough randomness for now. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come.
2 comments:
Amen and amen. About how cleaning is just keeping things picked up, about going shopping only results in getting more baby clothes they don't need or even care about, mean while I only have ONE pair of jeans, about how great parents & in-laws & husbands are... so true.
I just don't feel your pain about sleeping. Sometimes I wonder if it's bad for a baby to sleep as much as Ollie does...
Colby is so cute, I want more pictures!!!
On the cleanliness issue: Welcome to the club. I am hoping that someday I can keep my house as clean as I like it. I can dream right?
Post a Comment