Sunday, March 8, 2009

Attitude is Everything

8:00 pm Saturday night (really 9:00pm for Daylight Savings):
I'm almost home from work. I'm stressing in the car because my usual pre-workday bedtime is 9:00pm at the latest. So really I'm not getting home until after 9:00 because of stupid Daylight savings. Then of course I'm going to need a shower, and Colby will need to be fed and probably bathed. The house will probably be a disaster so I'm gonna have to get that picked up at least a little bit. I also need to wash my pump kit and supplies for tomorrow. Let's see, so that will make it at least 9:30pm or so (really 10:30 or so) before I even hit the pillow. Grrr.
Just as I am about to have an emotional melt-down over an hour or so of sleep, I stop and think - I don't want to be a grump. My husband surely doesn't want me to be a grump, and I know Colby won't be happy if mommy is grumpy. Get it together, tonight and tomorrow are going to happen whether I get a good night's sleep or not. So DEAL WITH IT. Being grumpy will only make it worse for you and those around you.

9:00 pm Saturday night (really 10:00pm)
What I really wanted to think was Dangit! Now I'm getting one less hour of sleep, and I have to go to work again in the morning. I'm going to be exhausted and chances are that Colby isn't going to sleep well. Grrr. What I made myself feel instead - Wow, I actually made it to bed with everything done and ready for the next day within an hour of getting home. This is great! Now, just think happy thoughts so you can get a good night's rest and hopefully Colby will sleep well, too.

4:45am Sunday morning
Yes, that's the alarm clock ringing and your son waking up to eat. OK, Colby only woke up 3 times last night. Not great, but hey, I have to go to work whether I'm tired or not, so get up and get on with it. And try to put on a smile so your husband doesn't have to wake up next to Cruella DeVille.

6:10am Sunday morning
Colby is dropped off at Nana's and is in a good mood. I'm on my way to my second day in a row of work. (By the way this is the first time I've worked 2 in a row since Colby was born). My hair is done, I was able to pack my lunch and dinner, and I'm going to make it to work on time!

2:00pm Sunday
I'm at work. Obviously the day is going pretty well if I have time to write this blog at work. My babies are behaving wonderfully, my co-workers are great and I am having a pretty relaxed day. Yes, I would rather be home with my son and would liked to have gone to church today, but if you have to be at work on a Sunday, this is not a bad way to spend it! And in 5.5 more hours, I will be headed home for 3 whole days off! Yay!


No comments: