Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Slump

Working at a hospital, it is inevitable that I will have to work some Sundays. The babies don't magically heal themselves on the Sabbath, so someone has to watch over them. I try to only work one Sunday a month (or less if I can get out of it). This month, they were short nurses, so they messed up my schedule. I am now working my second Sunday in a row. :-(

From time to time I do complain about teaching my class, or having to get Colby and myself ready on time, or that I'm too tired or too behind on housework to endure 3 hours of church. But after missing 2 weeks in a row, I just don't feel right. It throws off my whole week. I've noticed a difference in my mood, my organization, and on and on.

I will continue to try not to have to work on Sunday, but now I have a little more motivation. These 2 weeks have proved to me how important it is to attend your regular church meetings and fellowship with other members. I'm just glad that after this, I don't have to work on Sunday for another 6 weeks!

2 comments:

Doty6strong said...

I totally know what you mean. We missed last sunday due to sick kids and the week before that was Chase's homecoming in logandale. I felt like I hadn't been to church in ages yesterday.

I am just about done with Colby's stitching (FINALLY). I have been off kilter ever since brandon got laid off in October. Sorry it has taken me FOREVER but it should be in the mail this week!

Monique said...

I missed church for 6 weeks this last month or so with sick kids. When I went to church yesterday it felt very strange but definitely very good to be back. The old saying you don't realize what you have until it's gone is so true.