Thursday, September 26, 2013

Stay-cation

We love camping, but the dairy doesn't exactly allow us to head up to the mountains and relax for a few days.  Soooo.....
Let's camp in our backyard! 
 Set up the tent.

 Stay outside and get dirty!


 Cook over an open fire...

 Thoroughly enjoy each other's company :)
 And the root beer.

 Did I mention the root beer?

 S'MORES!!!

 Sleeping in the tent - with a few comforts of home.  There are perks to this backyard thing.
 Like, say, running an extension cord out to play Beauty and the Beast to help the kids relax and get to sleep.
 Maci never made it to sleep, so Daddy took her in the house about 10:30 to get some sleep and Colby and I stayed in the tent.
The next day, Maci was quite upset when it was time to take the tent down.  Poor baby.
 We'll do it again, I promise!

1 comment:

lilybit said...

We are going to do that too- the kids love sleeping in the tent. I need a fire pit like yours though.