Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2013 Goals

Time to set some new goals...  I think that I've made some good changes in the last year and want to keep that rolling.
Here were my resolutions from last year...
1.) Wake up BEFORE the kids, do some laundry, dishes, SOMETHING before they wake up.
2.) TV off at 9am. This is more for Colby than me, but some days I feel like we just leave the TV on all day just to leave it on. He watches it on and off throughout the day, and I don't think it's necessary.
3.) Do 3 things every day: Clean something, do one art project with the kids and one learning activity

I was very good with #1 and found that it makes my whole day go better if I can get started early.  Most days I'm only able to get a shower and get dressed before they wake up, but it's much easier to do before they're awake because otherwise it's noon before I get a shower!
#2 to be honest I totally forgot about.  We have reduced the time the TV is on however.  I put on some music instead for nice background music and have found that the kids are much more creative and imaginative when the TV isn't drawing them in all day long.  So I'm going to continue with this goal for 2013.
#3 turned into my motto.  Clean, learn, create!  I really enjoyed this one.  However, when Colby started school we got a little off track.  I still clean something every day - a big help to keeping up around here.  But we don't always do a planned art project or even a learning "activity" every day.  The kids do lots of "art" on their own, but let me tell you I've been slacking on planning and doing things with them.  Life gets busy!  But not too busy for my kids, so I'm re-setting this goal so I can keep focus.

OK so for 2013:

1.) TV off at 9am.  Less TV is more creativity!
2.) Clean, learn, create - with the kids!  Especially with Maci, who needs some one-on-one attention in this important learning stage in her life.
3.) Read/Study the scriptures and/or the words of latter-day prophets and apostles every day.  I admittedly am not good at personal study, so that's my focus this year!  I'm doing good so far, hopefully I can keep it up.  It has already made a huge difference in my days!

Bring it on 2013!!

1 comment:

lilybit said...

Way to set some goals AND keeping track of the ones you set last year. so cool- can I steal your goals??