Monday, December 17, 2012

I Tried

Last year's Christmas card was a big hit.
I felt the need to at least try to match the cuteness that I was miraculously able to achieve last year.  It really was a miracle because even though I have a DSLR camera, I have no clue how to use it and even though I have two cute little kids, they hardly ever cooperate with having their pictures taken.   Call last year a fluke, a miracle, whatever you want.  I was just very pleased with the result.
 
Fast forward a year.  Apparently lightning doesn't strike twice.  I had a vision, I got the kids dressed and we went for it.  Note: I fully intended on fully editing these in photoshop to make the background and coloring nice.

Oh, can you see that I was attempting a got milk, Santa cookies type situation?  It had potential to be very cute.  My camera skills and my kids attention spans did not make for success.  After an hour of shooting, we were all done.  Maybe I'll use this idea in the future - with a professional photographer in a professional studio.  Maybe not.
 
Stay tuned for how our Christmas Card actually turned out... it's not my original vision, and according to Kyle was not up to par, but I still think it's cute.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I LOVE this year's card!! And last year's, too.