It took a little effort on my part to talk Colby out of a Super Mario party and into a camping party, but once I did we started planning and never looked back. And luckily, he got pretty excited about the idea himself. Who is this party for again? Him or me? Hehehe.
We decided to do a night-time party so that the campfire would have maximum effect. It poured rain the days before and the days after, but thank heavens that it let up for party day! I did not get the best of pictures, but as always Debbie Raven was there to save the day. I haven't gotten the photos from her yet, but will update this post with better pics when I do.
Colby and Jack were inseperable all night. I love it when these two get together. They really are best buddies.
Food table - yum!
On the menu: chili, cornbread, pigs in a blanket (kids in sleeping bags), chips, and hot dogs - if you roasted your own on the fire!
Table decorations made me happy - and they were free :)
Big party hit - the trail mix station!
The kids of course went for all of the candy first. I somehow ended up with a lot of left-over nuts and raisins...
Adults enjoyed it, too!
Mommy and Maci - we were the plaid family.
Kyle put in a new firepit in the backyard in honor of the occasion. I am positive it will get lots of use. the kids loved roasting their own hot dogs, although Keegan (below) thought the fire was a bit too hot!
And it made for a very relaxing place to hang out for the adults.
But the very best part about a campfire is the s'mores that get cooked on it!
YUMMY!!!
The sandbox and treehouse never get left out of any party...
Mommy and the birthday boy!
And we couldn't pass up the sister picture - hot chocolate in hand!
The craft for the kids were camp bandanas.
They used fabric markers to decorate and personalize.
Modeling their creations...
Next up, cake! Auntie Christa made a simple round chocolate cake with a campfire on top - perfect!
Then we opened gifts while our guests ate cake, ice cream and so delicious peach cobbler cooked in a dutch oven by Papa Robison. It's just not camping without something from the dutch oven.
Last, we had potato sack races!
The big kids even joined in...
Oh, happy birthday Colby! What a fun camp-out!
1 comment:
So fun!!
Post a Comment