Sunday, December 30, 2012

Big 50 Surprise!

Kelley had a big birthday coming up, so Melvin decided to surprise her with a party.  Christina and I (the daughter-in-laws) were very worried about the party because if you know Kelley you know that she does not like public gatherings and does not like any attention to be drawn to herself.  But Melvin was determined, so I made up the invitation...
Can you believe that everyone knew for a few weeks prior and nobody spoiled the surprise??  I still can't.  We got to the restaurant and started to head back to the room and she was still in the dark.  She walked in and immediately burst into tears saying over and over, "I hate you guys!"  Yep, this was the reaction that I had expected.  There were over 50 of her family and friends there. 
 Debbie and Christina did all of the decorating - looked cute!
I didn't get very many pictures - but Debbie did of course!
A family picture :)
 Luckily we were in an enclosed room - these boys ran wild the whole night.  They barely sat long enough to eat their chicken strips.
 My mom and dad joined in too.  Thought this was a cute picture of them!
Maci girl.
 Me and Tina
 What's this??  Another family picture?  This is some kind of record.
Keegan and Colby
 Grandma with all of her kiddos
And hey, what the heck?!?  ANOTHER family picture?  Seriously, a record.
 
Afterwards Kelley admitted that she was in fact grateful for the party and actually had a good time.  Happy 50th!

No comments: