I promise I won't journal all of my inner thoughts and feelings and make you read a novel, but here is a re-cap of Maci's delivery and the hospital stay: I only slept about 2.5 hours the night before because I simply couldn't turn my brain off! So much for being rested for delivery! We got up early, dropped Colby off at Nana and Papa's and were at the hospital by 5:30am. Funny, but when we were in the pre-op area, I finally settled and wanted to sleep. Bad timing!

Meanwhile, Kyle was SUPER nervous about being in the hospital. He couldn't even watch when they started my IV, and he got paler and paler as we got closer to c-section time. I was just excited and ready to get this baby out - not at all nervous! We headed into the OR and I warned all the doctors and nurses about Kyle's nervousness. When he got in there, we were all focused more on keeping the mood light for him than my well-being, which was kind of funny. I kept asking him, "Are you ok?" Everyone would laugh ... "Shouldn't we be asking you that?" The c-section was WONDERFUL! They did have a little trouble getting her out and had to use the forceps, but it was still quick and painless. At 8:16am Maci Kay was here! 8 lb. 4 oz. 20.5 in. long.

Kyle went with her to the nursery while I went to recovery. She was hungry and ready for Mommy soon after birth!

First bath...

Big girl! Kyle was expecting somewhere in the low 7 lb. range, but I knew she was bigger than that!

They brought her into recovery with me fairly quick. She latched right on and ate and we relaxed and joked with the nurse until my room was ready. What a difference from the exhaustion I felt after having Colby. Not to mention, we were the only ones in there so we had free reign of the place :-)
About an hour or so after we were settled into our room, our first visitors arrived... Nana and big brother Colby!
We took our first family photo:

Colby sang "I Am Like A Star" to Maci and kept telling her he loved her. It was super cute!

Grandma and Papa Medeiros came next, then Papa Robison, Auntie Camille and Auntie Cara came later on. Then we enjoyed some alone time with our new addition.

I remember being very nauseous after having Colby, but this time my appetite came back pretty quickly!

Little Maci opening her eyes:

We lucked out again and got a double room all to ourselves, so Kyle got to stay with me the whole time and he had his own bed to sleep in :-) What a huge help that was to me, since it was pretty hard to get to Maci when I couldn't even get up out of bed without help.

Getting some snuggle time in...

The next day, Colby came to visit again. He got to hold Maci and was really excited to see Mommy, too. Man, I didn't realize how hard it would be to be away from him for so long! I sure did miss my little man!

Maci ready for her hospital photo shoot... I have to admit I didn't expect the bow to be that big on her head!

On Thursday, I was feeling good and moving around pretty well. Maci was cleared to go home, so we got out of there! Time to go home!
4 comments:
Congrats! You make it look EASY, girl! :)
AWWWW!!! Congrats!! She is so precious... and tiny! I'm so happy for you, and excited that you have a girl now. Colby is going to be such a great big brother. Aww... Good luck for the upcoming weeks!
Congratz!!Colby sounds like a great big brother. Keep strong, c-sections can be enjoyable(I have had 3)just plenty of rest! Hugs! The Robison6
I was nervous about how your delivery and post-delivery situation would go after the experience with Colby. I'm glad this time it was a breeze (or at least you made it seem so!).
Post a Comment