I have to admit, I was quite stressed about coming home from the hospital. A few reasons: 1)2 kiddos 2)Chasing 2 kiddos after c-section 3)Colby - would he be jealous, mean, too rough, upset, clingy?
To help alleviate some of the jealousy and get the siblings started on a good note, Maci brought big brother Colby a present when she came home. She got him a Doctor Kit so that he could help make Mommy feel better. That was definitely a hit! He's been curing all sorts of diseases and ailments ever since :-)

The jealousy - well let's say it hasn't kicked in
yet. He loves to hold baby Maci and love on her. Yes, he is a little rough sometimes, but that's a boy thing I think, not that he doesn't like her.

We've been trying our best to split our attentions between the two. If Mommy is feeding or taking care of Maci, Daddy is doing his best to devote all his attention to Colby (when Daddy is home). And when Daddy is playing - or napping - with Maci, Mommy gets some special Colby time.

We've had lots of visitors - mainly people coming over to bring us dinner. 8 straight nights of dinner to be exact - what a blessing that was! All yummy and better yet, I didn't have to grocery shop, plan, or cook for over a week!
Asher and Avery were the first cousins to come and get acquainted...

The c-section recovery was also a lot easier than I expected. Soooooo much nicer than my first experience. The very first day I was home, Colby fell and hurt himself, started crying and I ran right in the living room and picked that 35 lb. boy up ... NOT a good idea. That one hurt! I just didn't even think about it. I've been a lot more careful since then and have had no further issues. I even let Colby see Mommy's "owie" so he would be a little more apt to be gentle with Mommy. He has been very understanding and realizes now that Mommy can't pick him up like I used to.

Maci is a great sleeper. I actually have to wake her up for the most part at night to make sure she eats every 2-3 hours (doctor's orders to help get rid of jaundice). Other than that, it's eat, poop, sleep mode for now.
At about day 6 or so, Maci started waking up more during the day, so Colby tries to show her how to play with toys...

We thought he was still pretty little, until we see the two of them together...

It's only been a week, and yet I still can't quite grasp what life was like before Maci joined us! I think she's definitely a keeper!
No comments:
Post a Comment